With Electric Scooters gaining popularity around the world, everyone wants in on the action. They’re fast, Eco-friendly, fun to ride, compact and easy to store making them brilliant forms of micro-mobility.
But, have you ever wondered if there are electric scooters that can withstand the weight of someone over 220lbs?
The answer is yes, there are a branch of electric scooters that cater to the needs of heavy adults. These scooters typically have heavy capacity batteries, powerful hub motors, larger wheels and a reinforced chassis allowing them to carry heavier adults.
A lot of the models I’m going to showcase are capable of carrying well over 220lbs, sadly there are not many that fall in this segment which is why people have a hard time finding them.
Here, I aim to provide you with a selection of the best electric scooters for heavy adults. These are:
- Hurtle Hures18-M5
- Toxozers CityCoco
- Urban Drift S006
- UberScoot 1600W
- MegaWheels UL Certified e-Scooter
- G-Force S10
Best Electric Scooter for Heavy Adults
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind while buying an electric scooter. These range from the type of motor used to the battery capacity and weight load.
When it comes to a heavy-duty electric scooter you must pay attention to the weight capacity, the battery size and overall power of the hub motor.
The following electric scooters have exactly what’s required for a heavy adult.
The Hures18-M5 is a powerful electric scooter that’s fitted with a large 300W motor designed for ultimate performance and durability. This cool looking scooter can bear the weight of a 264lbs rider making it great for heavy adults.
- The Hurtle Hures18-M5 comes loaded with a 36V, 7.5Ah Li-ion battery that is capable of letting you travel a maximum of 12-18 miles on a single charge. The charging time for the battery is roughly 4-6 hours which is great for your daily commutes as it does not take much time.
- Powered by a large 300W brushless motor, the Hures18-M5 ensures that you can attain speeds of up to 19.2 miles per hour. This motor is designed for maximum performance and is durable ensuring you have a safe riding experience.
- It features a foldable design making it great to transport and easy to store under any circumstance. The light weight scooter weighs 39.68 lbs and can be carried in a single hand. The scooter also uses a rear disc brake and a front eABS braking system to effectively prevent accidents from happening.
- The Hures18-M5 uses 8.5” pneumatic tires that are puncture resistant and provides good shock absorption, ideal for any kind of surface no matter how uneven it is.
- This scooter comes fitted with an LED display that shows current speed, speed modes, battery life, cruise control indicators and headlight controller.
|Motor Size||300W Brushless motor|
|Top Speed||19.2 miles per hour|
|Battery Capacity||36V, 7.5Ah Li-ion battery|
|Charging Time and Maximum Range||4-6 hours; 12-18 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||264 lbs|
The Toxozers CityCoco is an electric scooter that you can ride while being seated. This great looking e-Scooter was built to be a high-performance beast, it comes with a large motor, fat tires and is capable of carrying weights of up to 450lbs.
- The CityCoco is powered by a 1000W rear hub motor that propels the scooter to a maximum speed of 25 miles per hour. This powerful hub motor is capable of climbing a 10-15 degree steep hill with ease.
- It features a fat tire design that keeps the scooter balanced at all times. These tires are vibration absorbing wide tubeless tires that give the scooter a neat 8” ground clearance.
- The scooter uses a 60V battery that is an array of five in-line 12V, 12Ah SLA batteries allowing you to cover up to 15-23 miles on a single 4-8 hour charge.
- It comes with 2 padded seats for extra comfort and uses premium hydraulic shock absorbers for a guaranteed smooth ride. The only drawback is that this scooter will have to be used only on dry smoothly paved or hard paved surfaces.
- The CityCoco comes with an LED light at the front/rear for night rides and for extra safety, this scooter can only be started with an ignition key.
|Motor Size||1000W Rear Hub Motor|
|Top Speed||25 Miles per Hour|
|Battery Capacity||60v (Five 12v/12ah SLA Batteries)|
|Charging Time and Maximum Range||4-8 hours; 15-23 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||450 lbs|
Urban Drift S006
The Urban Drift S006 is a sleek looking high-performance electric scooter that’s great for covering long distances. It is lightweight and built to withstand weights of up to 265 lbs. This scooter is ideal for those looking for something light but durable and easy to store.
- The S006 is fitted with a dual braking system where the rear disc brake and the front e-ABS electric brake provide you with a quicker braking response while making sure your ride is a safe one.
- It features a 350W powerful brushless DC hub motor that is capable of propelling you to speeds of up to 15.5 miles per hour. The motor has a maximum power output of 500W and provides you with an additional boost when needed.
- The battery powering the scooter is a high-capacity 36V 10Ah battery that provides you with a total riding range of 21.7 miles on a single charge. This scooter comes with a built-in LED headlight and rear safe lights allowing you to travel at night with ease.
- This scooter runs on 10”/ 2.76” wide pneumatic fat tires for an unbeatable riding experience. The shock absorbing frame allows you to have a smoother ride no matter the surface you’re riding on.
|Motor Size||350W – 500W Hub Motor|
|Top Speed||15.5 Miles per Hour|
|Battery Capacity||36V 10Ah|
|Charging Time & Maximum Range||5 hours; 21.7 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||265 lbs|
The UberScoot is a monster of a scooter and looks pretty rad. This bad boy comes with a detachable seat making it brilliant to use either in the seated position or while standing.
The UberScoot can handle a maximum load of 265lbs at a time allowing it to be one of the best electric scooters for heavy adults in quite some time.
- UberScoot features a 1600W Brushless motor that’s capable of letting you travel at a top speed of 30 miles per hour. To attain this speed on the scooter you must first disconnect the speed limit wire.
- The scooter runs on four 12V 12Ah sealed lead acid batteries and can be charged within 6-8 hours. You can cover a total of 12 miles on a single charge, however this depends on the weight of the rider.
- The scooter is foldable making it exceptionally easy to store considering the size and uses front and rear disc brakes for a quicker and more accurate response.
- It comes with a set of 11” knobby tires that provide you with extra stability and traction on both rough and smooth surfaces.
|Motor Size||1600W Brushless Motor|
|Top Speed||30 Miles per Hour|
|Battery Capacity||Four 12V/12AH (48 volt system) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|Charging Time & Maximum Range||6-8 hours; 12 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||265 lbs|
The S5X is the perfect form of transportation for commuters of all ages. This great scooter is fun to use, it’s built from aluminum so it weighs only 28lbs but can support up to 266lbs at a time.
- The S5X is powered by a 250W brushless motor that allows you to touch speeds of up to 15.5 miles per hour. This motor runs on a 7500mAh Li-ion battery that can be charged in under 4 hours and will provide you with a total riding distance of 15 miles on a single charge.
- The Scooter features a rather simple 3 second foldable design allowing you to easily fold the scooter and carry it around or store it in the trunk of your car.
- It’s built from aircraft grade aluminum that’s powder coated and runs on a set of 8.5” shock absorbing rubber pneumatic tires for a smoother riding experience.
- Equipped with a mechanical front disc brake and a rear foot friction braking system, the S5X assures that you’d be able to stop the scooter safely while riding at high speeds.
|Motor Size||250W Brushless Motor|
|Top Speed||15.5 Miles per Hour|
|Battery Capacity||7500mAh Li-ion|
|Charging Time & Maximum Range||3-4 hours; 15 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||266 lbs|
If you’re looking to go minimal, the S10 is the one for you. It has a nice rounded edge finish with a big headlight and a high-performance motor for some intense late night rides. The scooter can cover long ranges and is foldable making it easily portable. It can manage a maximum weight load of 380lbs at a time, ideal for heavy adults.
- The S10 runs on a high-performance 500W brushless motor that’s powered by the large capacity 48V 10Ah battery that can let you attain a top speed of 25 miles per hour and a distance of 30 miles on a single charge.
- It uses 10” tubeless tires and is equipped with shock absorbers for maximum comfort and a smooth riding experience. It also features a wider non-slip foot pedal that’s sturdy even on the roughest terrain.
- The S10 comes with headlights, a horn and a LED display to let you view your speed and remaining battery life. The scooter can only be started by a remote key which means that not everyone can start your scooter and ride away with it.
- It follows a one step folding design that makes it easy to store or carry with you on long trips as it fits perfectly within the boot of your car.
|Motor Size||500W Brushless Motor|
|Top Speed||25 Miles per Hour|
|Battery Capacity||52 x 18,650Wh Lithium array|
|Charging Time & Maximum Range||6 hours; 30 miles (depending on the load)|
|Maximum Load Capacity||380 lbs|
With Electric Scooters being one of the most popular modes of transportation nowadays, everyone wants in on the fun. They’re fun, cool to look at and extremely portable making them perfect for short distance commuting.
Though there are not many electric scooters available for heavy adults, I’ve been able to round up some of the best in their segment. These are some of the most durable scooters that you could find online and they all come with large tires, batteries and a powerful allowing you to take advantage of what they have to offer.
In my opinion, the best electric scooter for heavy adults would be the G-Force S10. It does not go as fast as the UberScoot but is cheaper and easier to carry than the Toxozers CityCoco.
Hope this list helps and I’ll have it updated as newer and better scooters are launched in the market.